Linux/Windows Technical Support Specialist
We are looking for a passionate, articulate, and enthusiastic Technical Customer Support Specialist to provide superior technical customer support.
TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum two (2) years of Linux systems administration or hands-on experience is a must.
- Self-starter with minimum one (1) year of software support experience.
- Associates degree; technical degree preferred.
- Superior technical expertise and work ethic.
- Proven ability to interact with developers, colleagues, and cross-functional teams.
- Strong understanding of Linux-based operating systems and Windows servers.
- Strong understanding of internet networking connectivity technologies including firewalls, TCP, DNS, DHCP, SSL, and load balancing.
- Understanding of most basic system administration tools and procedures; for example, MySQL, MsSQL, IIS, Apache, ProFTPd, Plesk, cPanel, and web control panels and ability to use backup programs, verify disk integrity, and maintain system files (groups, hosts, aliases).
- Perform preventive maintenance on servers.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and resolve causes of server performance problems.
- Review server error and audit logs and perform system backups/restores.
- Gather necessary data for issue replication, problem determination and/or escalation.
- Isolate and, when possible, resolve service performance issues.
- System administration experience and development experience highly desirable.
CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent people skills.
- Proven ability to clearly and effectively interact and communicate with customers in a friendly and personable manner via multiple channels (chat, phone, email).
- Research, resolve, and respond to customer questions and call backs (via chat, phone and email) in a timely manner and in accordance with established standards, policies, procedures and service level agreements.
- Use interactive tools including chat, forums, email, monitoring and other web based social media to exceed customer expectations.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
- Provide creative solutions to customer problems to ensure customer productivity.
- When appropriate, escalate issues to appropriate individuals based on established guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to exercise judgment using procedures and practices to determine the appropriate course of action.
- Attend training sessions and possibly assist in training workshops. Participate in cross/team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of the Customer Support group.
- Be part of a team, with best in breed cost structure, operations, and execution quality.
- Passionate about customers and helping them reach their goals.
- Desire and ability to provide an outstanding customer experience and go the extra mile in everything you do.